About This Dude:

My photo
Fun loving nice guy whom likes going on adventures whenever & wherever he can!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

From NYC to Bangkok in 24 hours


I finally made it to Bangkok! There was a 3 hour layover in Tokyo which was pretty interesting. Thankfully, I passed quarantine and was allowed to transit my next flight. It was like something from that movie "Outbreak". There was a guy with a thermal camera who came on board before we were released to scan our thermal image readings. Over all the flight was great. I was seated with a cool dude who turned out to be a DJ that lived near me in Brooklyn, DJ Akon. ANA is a great airline. On par with Cathay Pacific in my opinion. I think I'm getting used to these long ass international flights as this one didn't feel as harsh as my first trip here. I didn't sleep very well on the plane so hopefully will rest up in the hotel. It, by the way, is excellent! The owner of the hotel : http://www.lamphutreehotel.com/
is very nice. He was happy to learn that I'm from Brooklyn. He studied at LIU and my presence brought back some fond memories of NYC for him. He let me book 2 rooms for the rest of the crew at 3 am. after coming back from having some squid on a stick and a large Singha. While it is nice, I do wish my partner was here with me. We had a great time the last time we were here together. It's 4am and time for me to crash out. I have a feeling this jet lag is going to kick my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment